24 Sep How to Properly Budget for Your Asphalt Paving in Gainesville; Tips from a Gainesville Asphalt Paving Company
Property management budgets can be tight. With a parking lot that is facing issues such as potholes, cracks, and other surface damages, figuring out how to fit repairs and maintenance into your budget can be a daunting task. Your considerations will vary, of course, depending on the type of service that you require. A simple maintenance plan on a relatively new asphalt surface is much more affordable than a new asphalt paving installation project. We hope that this guide will help you understand the various factors that come into play when you try to fit asphalt paving and asphalt maintenance into your budget.
Factors to take into consideration if you require a new asphalt paving installation
If your current asphalt pavement is showing severe signs of degradation, then you will likely need to install a new asphalt surface. Here are some of the factors that you should take into consideration:
- Longevity – A properly designed, installed, and maintained asphalt surface should last anywhere from 15 to 20 years, depending on how much you are willing to pay for it upfront. There are several asphalt mixtures and installation techniques to take into consideration, all of which have an impact on the final price tag. However, if you choose to go with a higher up-front cost for asphalt paving in Gainesville, you will likely end up saving more money in the long run.
- Project ETA – The duration of the project can be a very important factor for several reasons. To start, you’ll want to make sure that you hire a company in-season. Otherwise, you may incur extra costs due to weather and the schedule of the asphalt manufacturing plant. You will also likely have a deadline for completing the parking lot, in which case, you’ll want to hire a reliable contractor that has a proven track record in your area.
- Other budget considerations – At this point in the project, it’s best to consider all the stakeholders and how they will be impacted, or the effect that the project will have on your company’s long-term budget. This may include considerations related to the value of the rent for a property, or whether the increased comfort and convenience generated by a quality asphalt structure will draw in more customers.
Factors to take into consideration if you require asphalt paving repair and maintenance
- Long-term savings – A quality asphalt maintenance program will actually help you save money in the long run by reducing the need for costly repairs and replacement projects.
- Sealcoating – When you first start a repair project, sealcoating may come up as an option. Sealcoating comes with numerous benefits, including increased longevity, and extra protection from weather and high traffic.
- Crack-filling – Perhaps nothing can ruin an asphalt surface faster than seeping water damage. If water can penetrate the deeper layers of the asphalt, it can lead to structural damage, and the repair costs can be very high. Crack-sealing is a process which ensures that the surface of the asphalt is completely impermeable.
Interested in finding out more?
If you would like to know more about the best way to ensure that your property management budget is spent wisely, contact us today. We can provide you with a list of services and explain how they can have a positive impact for your Gainesville property, whether we’re talking about a parking lot or a heavy-duty cargo driveway. Our options are designed for all budgets and needs.