08 Sep How to Sealcoat the Edges of Your Asphalt Parking Lot or Sidewalk: Insights from an Asphalt Sealcoating Contractor in St. Augustine, Florida
Sealcoating the edges of a parking lot or sidewalk is important for many reasons, regardless of why or where it is built. Simply applying a protective layer to the pavement surfaces can help to make them more durable and long-lasting — but that’s not all.
Interested in learning how sealcoating can benefit your property? Below, this asphalt sealcoating contractor in St. Augustine, Florida is going to discuss the top benefits of sealcoating, as well as the steps you must follow to properly sealcoat your asphalt sidewalks and parking lots.
Benefits of Sealcoating
- Prolongs Serviceable Life: One of the primary advantages of asphalt sealcoating in St. Augustine, Florida is that it helps to extend the life of the asphalt pavement by adding a layer that protects it from water, automotive fluids, UV rays, and other elements.
- Saves Money: Considering that sealcoating paved surfaces does not cost a lot of money, it allows you to save money on ongoing maintenance and other repairs over time.
- Improves Appearance: A fresh sealcoat will make your sidewalk or pavement look nice and shiny, whether the asphalt is old or new.
- Protects Against Ice and Snow: Sealcoating has the added benefit of accelerating snow and ice melting. On top of that, it helps protect the pavement against major issues such as water penetration, frost, and/or ice damage.
- Fix Minor Cracks and Other Signs of Wear: Sealcoating can also be used to repair tiny cracks and other problems caused by general wear and tear.
The Steps to Sealcoating Your Asphalt
Now that we have covered the advantages of sealcoating, let’s look at the steps you will need to follow to sealcoat your asphalt:
Step 1. Prepare the Surface: You must first prepare the surface to be sealed before applying the sealcoat. This means examining the condition of the area and cleaning it with tools such as rotary brooms, floor sweepers, and steel push brooms. Then, turn off any nearby sources of water runoff, such as sprinkler systems.
Step 2. Repair: After you have prepared the area, you must fix everything that is off. This means filling cracks, fixing severely damaged sections as well as repairing potholes.
Step 3. Application: Following all the repair work, you must make the mixture to be applied to the asphalt. Apply two coats for longer-lasting results.
Step 4. Re-Striping: Following the application, you must re-stripe the pavement and/or apply any needed markings covered during the process.
Step 5. Clean-Up: Finally, take the time to clean up and dispose of or store any leftover trash and materials.
Overall, if you are thinking about sealcoating your asphalt parking lot or sidewalk in St. Augustine, Florida, you should. It not only helps to protect the pavement from snow and ice, but it can also help to extend the life of the pavement, save money on potentially costly repairs, and so much more.
Looking to Sealcoat Your Asphalt? Contact the Premier Asphalt Sealcoating Contractor in St. Augustine, Florida
While applying a sealcoat is a reasonably straightforward process, you should ensure that you have the necessary experience, knowledge, equipment, and patience to perform this type of task. If not, it’s better to hire the professionals.
If you are looking for a full-service asphalt sealcoating contractor in St. Augustine, Florida to sealcoat your asphalt parking lot or sidewalk, the team at All Asphalt Services is here to help. Contact us today at (407) 774-2009 or fill an online form through our website to get in touch with us.