08 Nov An Overview of the Asphalt Repair Process: Insights from a Cocoa Beach, Florida Asphalt Paving Company
The words “asphalt repair” may sound daunting at first, but there’s no need to worry — when you hire a well-respected asphalt repair contractor in Cocoa Beach, Florida, you can rest assured that the job will be done right. If there is damage to your commercial asphalt surface, there are a number of steps that your contractor will follow when performing a basic asphalt repair. These include the following:
The Basic Steps to Repairing an Asphalt Surface
- Before undertaking any asphalt repair, it’s important to first make a few determinations. Why does the asphalt need to be repaired? What is the extent of the damage? This is important because not all asphalt repair tasks are the same; the extent of damages will dictate whether the saturated base material needs to be removed, and whether the damaged area needs to be repaved. Heavy machinery is often needed for commercial asphalt repairs, and your asphalt repair contractor will know the right equipment to use for the job.
- You should also consider having your asphalt surface sealcoated periodically — roughly every two to three years if you are hiring a professional asphalt repair contractor in Cocoa Beach. Sealcoating has the potential to improve the longevity of your asphalt; in some cases, it could even double the lifespan of your asphalt. Furthermore, sealcoating could help minimize the need for costly asphalt repairs. Asphalt sealer is relatively affordable, and in most cases, you won’t have to spend more than $0.10 per square foot to have it applied. Think of how much money sealcoating could save you compared to the costs of having the entire asphalt surface repaired or replaced.
- Aside from the asphalt sealer, your asphalt repair company will also need a sealer broom and brush. These pieces of equipment are absolutely necessary for the job at hand, as the act of applying the sealer sounds much easier than it actually is. Some people attempt to apply this themselves, but for optimal results, it’s recommended that you hire a professional asphalt sealcoating company to handle the job.
- It is also important that the sealcoat is applied to the surface quickly, as working too slowly might cause it to dry up in certain areas. Moreover, it is best to use sealers with rubber compounds, which are more flexible and water-resistant. Your asphalt repair contractor in Cocoa Beach, FL, will be able to determine the right sealer for the job.
- The moment you notice some cracks on the pavement surface, it’s best to have them repaired as soon as possible. Over time, and with constant exposure to natural elements such as harsh sunlight or rain, cracks in asphalt can become much more severe. If you spot any cracks, it’s recommended that you have them repaired as soon as possible.
There you have it: the basic steps for repairing your commercial asphalt surface. If you are unsure whether your commercial parking lot or asphalt surface needs to be repaired, you can always reach out to a professional asphalt contractor to discuss your situation.
Contact All Asphalt Services for Professional Asphalt Paving and Repairs in Cocoa Beach, Florida!
If you own a commercial property in Cocoa, Florida, and if you’re looking to incorporate an effective asphalt maintenance strategy into your overall preventative maintenance strategy, All Asphalt Services can help. Our asphalt paving contractors have the experience and know-how to tackle all kinds of asphalt projects, whether it be patching cracks or sealcoating. We also have superior quality products and professional-grade equipment that can be catered to your particular needs. All of this together ensures unmatched results. Contact us today to get started!